Move Freely So You Can Live the Life You Love!
You can heal from an injury and retrain your brain around pain. I was a patient of multiple failed knee surgeries, left in pain with impaired functionality. I sought out various forms of medicine outside of western health care to fully recover, and used these challenging experiences to create my path as a physician and a healer.
After founding a San Francisco-based integrative medicine company, I learned how various modalities of medicine can work together to prevent and heal diseases. My integrative medicine expertise was used as a starting point to becoming an integrative pain rehabilitation physician.
I am now a Doctor of Osteopathy and acupuncturist, and board-certified in physical medicine and rehabilitation (PM&R) as well as pain medicine. My treatments include hands-on healing treatments, integrative medicine consultations, regenerative medicine (stem cell therapy and platelet rich plasma) and interventional pain procedures.
Education and training:
- UC San Diego: Pain Fellowship
- Mount Sinai Hospital: Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) Residency
- Alameda County Medical Center: Preliminary Internship Year
- Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine: Medical Education
- Ear Acupuncture for Immediate Pain Relief – A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials. Pain Medicine.
- Auricular Acupuncture in Emergency Department Treatment of Acute Pain. Annals of Emergency Medicine.
- Acupuncture Analgesia: A Review of Central and Peripheral Mechanisms. Neuroimaging of Pain.
- Publications in other topics: Linked-In